Wednesday, February 27, 2008

But Wait...There's more

I am drawn to commercials that offer kitchen supplies, travel items, cleaning supplies and gardening equipment. Consistently you find them on every channel...Although I have yet to see one of these during the Superbowl.

Lindsay gets so excited when she see the add for the in-house greenhouse. You know, the one where you can grow your own tomatoes or lettuce or peppers. They do fantastic sales job, pushing the organic nutrition you would be receiving. For those of you looking for last minute Christmas gifts this year, I would suggest watching television between the hours of 11PM and 6AM. Any of the above mentioned goods make a great gift under the tree.

$19.95 for a set of Tupperware (retail value $3,450.95). But wait, there's more. If you call between the hours of 11PM and 6AM and talk to some towel head in India, you get not only one, but two sets...that's more that $6,900.00 for this one time, television offer of $19.95, and they'll even throw in a free set of bag clips.

I have learned to not get so excited about the home cleaning supplies as my dad has taught me that the chemicals are concentrated on the commercial, and what they are really selling is a watered down version of the raw materials he could purchase for pennies from a raw materials dealer...but here's the catch, you have to buy it in bulk.

55 gallons of Kaboom is perfect for any household. Or we will just settle for the home grower.

3 comments:

Joshy said...

I am so glad you decided to grace us all with another blog. I have started not enjoying these kind of commercials so much any more. The other day we had a leak in the house and Isaac said, "Dad you need some mighty putty. It's only $19.95 and if you call today you can get two tubs of it. Dad Mighty Putty can do the job!"

Yeah, I am going to go cut tin cans with my Ginsew knives now.

Indiana Ink said...

I was fully expecting this entire story to end with the words. . . "But wait! There's more!" Given the over-exposure of these "as seen on TV" marketing dealios, I think it's time for "The Orange-Glo Guy" to get his own episode of "The E! True Hollywood Story." Would 60 minutes be enough time to tell his story? Noooo . . ."Wait, there's more!!"

Meshellay9 said...

That's it?? Only two posts? I know I'm a greenhorn here but come ONNNNN!!! Ya gotta do more here, dear!! VERY funny on the "but wait, there's more"... that's way too true! And being the person that was awake during those hours the last 2-3 months of my pregnancy with Isaiah, I think I mentally bought every one of them....